Founded in 2001, Danforth Development, Inc. has provided counsel to more than 87 non-profit organizations in five states and two countries, helping raise more than $850 million.
Edwine Danforth ‘Dana’ Kimberly
President and Founder
Sarah’s passion for nonprofits drives her efforts to help them achieve and sustain growth through the power of philanthropy. She enjoys assisting organizations with goal setting and innovative storytelling, always looking for opportunities to leverage their existing strengths. In her work, she most enjoys:
- Making goals achievable through skillful project management and resourceful problem-solving.
- Preparing non-profit staff and leadership volunteers to solidify trust with and inspire potential donors.
- Helping organizations refine fundraising processes and create ways to test new platforms and strategies for donor engagement.
Prior to joining Danforth Development, Sarah worked as Co-Founder of The Indie Queens, a women-owned product distribution business in Rochester, NY that launched new and existing major brands throughout the US with marketing initiatives, events and cause-related channel development a primary focus. As owner of events company Fete Accompli, Sarah facilitated special events and partnerships with local non-profits helping implement lead generation and non-donor acquisition pilot projects. Some of her clients include: PPCWNY, St. Ann’s and Trillium Health. Sarah served as Regional Account Manager then as Trade Marketing Manager for the EC Scott Group in Pittsford NY from 2009-2013:
- National sales meetings, market meetings, and business reviews
- Relationships with new brand representatives within the portfolio
- Forecasts and inventory updates
- Managed the business development of the independent beauty channel for all of the EC Scott Group brands in a territory of ten states (AK, HI, WA, OR, ID, MT, NV, AZ, CA, NM) with sales exceeding $4M annually
- Devised account specific marketing and sales plans around the launch of new products
Sarah began her career in philanthropy as a volunteer, founding REAL member and serving on numerous YP boards and event committees. She holds an BS in Education from that University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL with a Major in Sport Administration and Minor in Business Administration. She is a Founder of Catholic Family Center’s Rising Leaders Young Professional Group and has Co-Chaired the Annual Home Tour for the Junior League of Rochester. Sarah has also worked as a volunteer for events benefiting the Advent House Hospice and Preview Party Co-Host for Fashion Week of Rochester Young Professionals. She and her husband Shawn have two daughters, and enjoy travel, golf and spending time with family.
Charles ‘Chuck’ Hertrick